Pillow shams made from old button down shirts

My Sunday sewing project was to recover my throw pillows to match my new Ikea sofa.  I have a crap ton of old shirts taking up space in my closet so I decided to make them into pillows. I am very pleased with the results.
Pillow shams made from button down shirts
Here is how you do it, it couldn't be easier.

  • Iron the shirt so lays nice and flat
  • Turn the shirt inside out leaving the buttons buttoned
  • Lay the pillow you want to cover on top of the inside out shirt.  Make sure you include the buttons somewhere.  
  • Cut the shirt front and back around the pillow. 
  • Pin the two pieces together
  • Sew up all the edges inside out.  
  • Unbutton the shirt and turn it right-side-out
  • stick your pillow inside
  • button the shirt VOILA!
You can do this, I know you can!

Comments

Most Viewed