Random Thoughts on Spirituality


So I just finished the book "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I ended up really enjoying it. It got me to thinking about my own experience of God. I really think that God is a force more than a being. I don't believe that God has an ego, why are we as humans always assigning him one? I believe in each of us lives this force, which I would like to call Love, but that word in American culture has too much attached to it that isn't God. So for now I will describe it as that force that brings us as people together, that joins us invisibly together. When I am in touch with God that dwells within me, the people I see are more beautiful, and I can see all the good things about them. Even people who have hurt me, or that I am angry with. When I am in touch with God, and I look at my children, my heart swells so big I can hardly contain it. When I look at my husband I see a beacon of goodness, and I can almost see that God force flowing out of him, into me, and back again.

And now I am so tired, I cannot think anymore, so you will just have to live with that tiny tidbit of my faith philosophy... I think I would like to take a Yoga class.

Comments

Most Viewed