Ellie Speaks Out For Peace and Justice

Today has been a very rough day for me. I found out this morning that they will be re-deploying my brother to either Iraq or Afghanistan. My brother has been in the army for nearly 4 years, (he signed up for 3 years) and was going to come home in October. Now it looks as if he may not be home until 2008. He has already served a year in Iraq and is paralized by the idea of having to do another year of "being shot at for a war he doesn't believe in". It is time to speak out.

I want to ask you all to educate yourselves about this war, and about our current government. I am going to join the West Michigan Justice & Peace Coalition and I encourage you all to take a stand for what is right.

We have killed over 100,000 people in the last three years in the middle east, this was decided by a president who believes "Every life is precious". Please I am begging you to search inside yourselves and listen to your conciences.

I also ask that if you are inclined to disagree, and you feel that this war is just and right, then please, sign up to be in the military, so that my brother can come home. He has done his fair share, what have you done?

Comments

Most Viewed