Lessons I have learned this year, so far...

As we are approaching the holidays and the end of another year I find myself contemplating what it is I have learned this year. Here are a list of just a few of this year's lessons:
  • Raw chicken does NOT blend up well in the blender.
  • Blenders can catch on fire.
  • Partially blended up raw chicken also doesn't blend up well in a smoothie maker.
  • I will NEVER be fired from my job.
  • My family is the most important thing in the universe.
  • Global warming has it's up-side
  • You can NOT make powdered sugar by putting granulated sugar in a coffee grinder.
  • You can't always determine someone's gender from the sound of their voice on the phone.
  • Kids really love repetition.
  • Even things you used to enjoy SUCK after watching them too many times. (Nemo, I wish to bid thee farewell)
  • I enjoy cooking, even after that whole chicken/blender incident, who knew?
  • I love being a mom more than any occupation I have ever had.
  • A monthly "Mom's Night Out" for me is required for good mothering.
  • There are really some quality people out there if you look hard.
  • Yo Gabba Gabba is an acquired taste.
  • Anyone really CAN be president, and I can't help but cry a little every time I think about it.
  • I will probably always have this kind of yucky stretch marked gut lump hanging off me, and secretly I am kind of proud of it.
  • A glass of wine can really help with stress, sometimes two glasses.
  • Don't bite your friends!
  • While financial security is nice, it is not essential for happiness.
  • I still adore the holidays.
  • Those last ten pounds are a BITCH!
  • I am not who I thought I was, and I am cool with it.
  • Everything in moderation... I wish I could remember this lesson for next year.
  • You really can replace your car with a bike for most weekly errands, even with two kids in tow.
  • Relationships are hard.... but worth it.
  • Poop stories still are and always will be FUNNY!
  • Hope has returned to my soul, and for that, I am exceedingly thankful.

Comments

Unknown said…
That is fantastic! I too hope to remember the everything in moderation thing.

Most Viewed