Let's Keep The SOL In SOLTICE or Does My Light Up Snowman Threaten You?

A thought that has been on my mind this "Holiday" season is all the hoopla about the secularization of Christmas. First off, let me say this, I am a Christian and I celebrate the birth of Christ. Now here are some facts:

Christmas is NOT the anniversary of the birth of Christ.
Christians are NOT the only people who have religious celebrations during this time of the year.

Now, putting the facts aside, I wish to address those Christians who are outraged by the term "holidays", Snowmen, non religious carols, and the like. Why are you so threatened? Is your faith so weak that you think what OTHER people do is going to affect your observance of Christmas? What is wrong with celebrating winter, didn't God create winter? I just don't understand how this detracts from Jesus and the miracle of His birth. Don't allow unimportant things to take away from your Christmas experience. I say let it go, find something else to be mad about, like what is happening in the middle east, how about the children living in huge piles of burning trash? Lets put our anger where it can do some good.

I honestly think this is yet another attempt by the religious right to distract us from what is really important. Remember when we were attacking Iraq and suddenly Gay Marriage was the number one issue of the day. Our country was more concerned about sexual preference, than they were about the murder of hundreds of thousands of people at the hands of our government. Can you see why the rest of the world thinks we are selfish?

Anyway, just my two cents!

Comments

Most Viewed