Dear Tonsils...

We've had a good run you and I, but I feel now that our relationship is no longer working out. We've made it through mono and several bouts with strep throat and untold colds and flues. Don't think I don't appreciate it. You've always been there for me I know, but recently you've become so reactive, blowing up for every minor bacteria or virus that passes by. It's not like it used to be, you seem to be working too hard recently and well, it's really making me gag. So I think it is time we went our separate ways. I have given it 2 months of suffering through your bacterial blow outs and I am finally calling it quits. I am not saying it's going to be easy, it's definitely going to be a painful break for me, but after 2 weeks or so I am sure we will both feel much better.


I'll miss you tonsils, every time I look into the back of my throat, every time I painlessly swallow my food, I'll think of you. I'll never forget how it feels when you rub up against the back of my tongue, or how you look when I open my mouth and say ahhhhhh. I am not sure what will happen to you without me, and I have a feeling it won't be pretty, but, I have to take care of myself now. Remember me... always...

Your Body,
Ellie

Comments

Most Viewed