A year in review

Here it is, another new year. This has been a very overwhelming year for me, love ones lost and gained, tons of worry and joy, pain and giggles. So I've decided it was time to add my list of lessons, so without further ado...

What I, Ellie Wood, have learned in 2009

  • Lightning can strike three times in the same place
  • Pregnancy is harder the third time, in the summer, in the south
  • 35 is not the new 20, maybe 36 will be
  • I'll never eat another Life Savers Wint-O-Green mint again
  • Life is so short
  • Dinosaurs are AWESOME
  • I can survive air travel with a 2 year old and a 4 year old while pregnant
  • I can survive long distance road trips with a 2 year old, a 4 year old and a dog, while pregnant
  • Funerals are not fun, but good
  • Facebook rules, Myspace drools
  • There is nothing a kid won't do (or stop doing) for a piece of candy
  • It is amazing what a nice long shower can do for my mood
  • Date night is a must, and will be made more of a priority in the future
  • Ownership isn't that important
  • Spongebob is a cure for insomnia
  • Making my husband laugh is still my favorite pastime
  • Childbirth is an amazingly wonderful, painful, overwhelming experience no drugs required
  • Love endures all things
  • Ice cream is AWESOME
  • Three is definitely more than two, but not that much more
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
  • I am not good with thank you notes and RSVPs, and I apologize to all of you who are still waiting
  • God is big... huge
  • I am slowly becoming a winter wimp
  • Farts will always be funny, I don't care what you say
  • Sarcasm can sometimes cut the tension like a knife
  • Coolsville is a place, you can go there
  • Laughing until you pee your pants can be cleansing
  • Being in a room with your friends, coffee, and 8 screaming kids is a lot more relaxing than you'd think
  • Hospitals suck... not their fault just the way it inherently is
  • I am loved
  • I have missed writing
  • "We wish you a poopy fart butt" is the funniest song ever
  • When it comes to getting unstuck from a driveway... I still got it baby
  • Living in the moment can be very hard to do, but is worth the effort
  • Santa is AWESOME
  • y'all is a good word, and I might would use it
  • I can successfully grocery shop with 3 kids
  • Never underestimate the comic power of a pair of giant underpants
  • Some friendships endure
  • If you want to be "my people" you must have a keen sense of irony
  • You can get too much of a good thing
  • I could never say thank you enough for all the loving support I have received this past year, but I won't stop trying

Comments

great post fellow blogger, love you dearly and your humor Rebecca
I love it. All of it. It's wonderful. I'm glad you're writing again.
Hey, just a reminder that your profile says you're a mother of two. I think something's changed somewharr.
Nexuszen said…
"BOOK" 'Nuff said.

Most Viewed