Thoughts while looking in the mirror

Some of you know that I am still trying to get that extra baby fat off after having Maya. I am 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I have been stuck there for awhile. While, I am not unhappy with my looks, I would still really like to get back into my old clothes, even though they are dangerously close to being out of style. Well, just recently I made the mistake of trying on one pair of cool vintage button fly jeans I have in a storage bin, and it was not a pretty sight. I could not get the buttons buttoned and seeing my stretch marked gut ooze out of the fly made me want to cry a little.

I then had several odd thoughts, that I realize I have almost every time I look in the mirror. The first thing I think about is how I would describe my current body if I were to put out a personals ad. I can't quite say "Height Weight Proportionate" but I don't want to say "More to Love" either. I guess I would say "Bit-O-Muffin-Top" or maybe "Not TOO Saggy", or how about "Previously Athletic" my current favorite is "Slightly Top Heavy". This is so completely odd because I have never taken out a personals ad, and I don't read them. I have no idea why I think about this. I then wonder if I can fit into my pants better after I poop, and quickly decide that yes it must be so! Then I imagine what Stacey and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" might say about my clothing choice. "Oh wow did you wear this in Junior High School" or "Oh honey let me tell you this shirt only looks good in the trash bin" This whole line of thinking usually ends up with me singing some made up lyrics about my weight to the tune of "Vogue" by Madonna. I end my mirror session by striking a couple of my best model poses, trying out a couple of new smiles, and at least one butt check (yep, still flat and wide) then I am off to start my day. My last thought as I am leaving the bedroom is usually "I have got to do something about my bad body image..."

Comments

Most Viewed