Desparate Traveling Sisterhood of the YaYa Fried Magnolia Pants

Alright, I am alone and very bored this evening so here is another much more coherent blog:

I am reading this book called "Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons" for a book club I am in. YES that is what it is called, and YES it is about exactly what you think it is. Well, aside from it being very formulaic and poorly written it has made me ask this question. Do these types of life long sisterhood friendships really exsist?

I have NEVER done any of the things these women do. No symbolic love tokens, no breast revealing bonding rituals. No midnight rescue missions with my woman gang. No gatherings at the graveside with the support of my bondswomen. I have girlfriends, I even have an enduring relationship with one woman, but, even that is not anything like these stories. I love my actual sisters, and am very close with them, but STILL it is nothing like these tales of woman power. I have to say I am feeling a bit jipped by life.

As trite as this story is, I would love a relationship that can endure all things with a gagle of women who would walk through fire for me and I for them. I guess I am a bit jealous. Jealous of a fictional woman's circle that I don't even believe truly exsists.

It seems to me whenever a group of women gets together they just compete and back bite each other until they have all alienated themselves to the point of mere tollerance and obligation. I dunno, maybe I am just spiteful. Someone set me straight and tell me your love story of girly bonding, tell me that everything you ever needed to know you learned from your girlfriends, because that sure has not been my experience, and I would love to know if it really exsists!

Comments

Most Viewed