Dr Soda

One thing I have always enjoyed about grocery shopping is the myriad of different off-brand Dr.Pepper drinks. Everyone has seen Mr. Pibb, and you have probably discovered spartan stores carry Dr. Quencher. Save-A-Lot has the oh-so-creative Dr. Pop and Meijer stores have Dr. M. I have also seen Dr. Urge which definately evokes an image.

Previously my favorite brand has been Walmart's Dr. Thunder. But now, after moving to NC I have found two new top favorites: Food Lion's Dr. Perky, (woo woo) and my current number one favorite is Harris Teeter's Dr. Extreme!

I love Dr. Extreme! It's just one step away from Dr. Wacko, or Dr. Psycho! It makes me feel like a risk taker, "look at me I am crazy, just look at what I am drinking!! I am so EXTREME, I live on the edge, I drink OFF-BRAND Soda!"

For an exhaustive list of all the current knock off Dr. sodas see: Not Quite What the Doctor Ordered.

It is also fun to notice Moutain Dew knock offs like Walmart's Moutain Lightning, it's just like Mountain Dew only slightly more electric. Drink it mixed with Dr. Thunder and you might need to seek shelter!

Comments

Most Viewed