The last 8 months

Gosh, it has been awhile since I have blogged. I really miss putting down my random thoughts. Let me catch you up...

Since my last blog we found out that we were having baby number 3. We were a bit shocked but a good kind of shock. My brother was called back to active duty in Iraq after nearly 4 years of being discharged. My sister married the man of her dreams and we were unable to be there. William had his first season of soccer. We lost three beloved family members and traveled to Michigan multiple times to say goodbye, it has been a hard summer. We have entertained guests from out of state several times and have enjoyed it immensely. The last 8 months have been hot, blazing hot, and I am ready for fall...

These last 8 months have been full of milestones. They have been full of sorrow. They have been full of discomfort. They have been full of wonder. They have been full of laughter. They have been full of love. We have lost so much and have felt the distance between us and our family more acutely than ever, however we have learned that neither distance nor death can diminish the love we have for them, or they for us. These 8 months have been some of the hardest, most confusing times of my life. They have also been some of the most rewarding loving times. Now I am just 2 months away from meeting my newest baby girl and I am scared, excited, impatient and amazed. Next week I send my first born to preschool for the first time and I am struggling to let go. So much has changed and will continue to change. My life is nothing like I had planned. I have learned that it doesn't matter what my plans are. I have discovered that we are just like beach sand and the tide of life just pushes and pulls us with a power that is sometimes painful and overwhelming, and at other times gentle like a breath. So, instead of fighting it I am learning every day how to let go and just enjoy the tugging of the waves.

Comments

Nexuszen said…
well, you know what they say. "Life is what happens while you're busy making plans." I can appreciate your loss and your and increasing wisdom. that being said I appreciate your writing style and hope you reconsider collecting your posts and assembling them into a book. I admire your ability to communicate, make the reader understand what you intend them to.
This is amazing and should be published somewhere other than just a blog.

Most Viewed