My Dearest Bono


Bono,

I dreamed about you again last night... This time I dreamt that I met you in a bathroom stall, and we reminiced about past dreams I have had about you. Like the time you gave a dream concert at my dream high school gym. Then there was the time that you, Adam, Larry and The Edge were at the grocery store in the diaper isle and we became fast friends. I even remember the dream about eating with you in the Kmart commissary, you really love grilled cheese!

Even though I have never been lucky enough to even have seen you in concert, I just want you to know that I am almost certain that we would be the best of friends. We have so much in common! I have always wanted to go to Ireland! I also think war sucks really bad, and like I am really down with you on that whole Africa thing. And, even though I haven't purchased my "ONE" bracelet yet, I am totally intending to. AND, get this, I too have always wanted to be a legendary rock star! I know, right, it is like we were fated to be friends!

Its not like we haven't had our hard times. Like, I didn't dream you much at all during that whole "zoo" phase you went through. I just couldn't bring myself to buy even one pair of those Fly sunglasses. I don't know WHAT happened to the Zooropa cd I bought. I still haven't pirated even one of the songs from that album. However, "The Sweetest Thing" and now that you have the ear of presidents and world leaders, was all it took and you have won me back. My dreams of you have returned and are more meaningful than ever. I just know that given the chance, I could really assist you in your cause of ending disease? or was it poverty? Either way, I am with you!

Oh Bono my friend, shaper of my dreams. I just want to know you, no, that's not it, I want you to know ME. Sometimes whenn I hear recordings of you singing "I can't live... with or without you..." I can tell, you are singing it to me. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I just know someday, you are going to dream me at the same time I am dreaming you and you are going to say "who the bloody hell is this chick".

Your friend forever,

Ellie Wood

Comments

Most Viewed