Clowns Are Scary

Is it just me, or don't most people think clowns are scary? Maybe it is just my generation, we who watched Poltergeist when where were young, and toy clowns became horrible. I don't know though, I have seen clowns make kids cry more than anything else. Except if they make balloon animals...

It seems if you are going to be a clown, and you don't want to unnerve people, you must tie balloon animals. I think it is because the clown seems focused on the making of the animals rather than on you, and so seems more innocuous than the crazy looking Painted-on-smile clowns who get in your face to hand you candy. Those in-your-face, candy peddling clowns seem sinister in a way that I can't quite figure out. Now, clowns who are just kids or pretty regular people dressed up, you know, the amatures, they seem harmless and actually not that entertaining. You can tell they went to a costume shop and bought that rainbow afro wig and their make-up is sweating off. Those are okay in my book.

It is the professional clowns that freak me out. They put on this persona of an insane person, who just might do anything to get a laugh, including tear your face off... am I wrong? Clowns are scary. I don't like them.

Comments

Most Viewed