Hydrogenate This!

Today's random thoughts. Here they are, well... My mind is blank. I wish that I could write something insightful and humorus today, but alas, I cannot think of anything. Well, here is a little something, Coffee. Today is very hot and humid, however a hot cup of coffee is still appealing. I like hot coffee. Okay, so that was boring I agree. As I watch my cursor flash expectantly waiting for my words to be carried onto this screen, I still cannot think of anything interesting to say. Life today is much as it always is. I feel pretty content I guess.

Okay here is something. I have lost quite a bit of weight since my pregnancy. I am down to a size 10 (pre pregnancy I was wearing 16) and when people ask me "how'd you do that" I say "I am just eating healthier, cut out sugar and trans fat and eat mostly fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, and poultry." People don't like this answer, for some reason it upsets them and they don't know what to say. I think from now on I will just say I did weight watchers, that seems to be a more satisfactory answer. Does anyone know why this is? I am definately perplexed. It is almost like they are threatened by the idea of eating healthy. "You mean you don't eat sugar? How about, ice cream, they make it low fat?" Well I say, america read the lables, just because something is labled "Low Fat" does not mean it is healthy. Low fat items can still be high in calories and transfats. Low fat ice cream is just as bad, and maybe worse than regular ice cream. Once I became more educated on what is healthy and what isn't, it is like I took off my rose colored glasses and now see a world full of cancer causing chemicals, diabetic creating sugars, and artery clogging trans fat. If it is hydrogenated in any way, I urge you, stay away, it is bad!

Well that is all for today - peace out!

Comments

Unknown said…
Ummm... yeah

Most Viewed